image by: nDevilTV
To date, I have resisted buying an iPod Touch and have been denied the pleasure of owning an iPhone (corporate IT restrictions). As a result, I just stare in envy of those clutching their svelte, multi-touch gadgetry. Now the Apple rumor mill is at fever pitch about the expected release of an iPod Touch on steroids similar to what Amazon did for the Kindle to the Kindle DX update. This super sized tablet might be the perfect fit between an iPod and a larger, more capable MacBook, but here are a few suggestions for some cool features and functions.
- eBook downloads from more than the Apple Store.
- Unrestricted web browsing unlike the Kindle.
- Ability to capture streaming media for review when not on the grid.
- Card reader for 1 or more formats for import and review of photographs. Memory card to double as extra storage in a pinch.
- Camera/video more optimized for OCR – capture business cards, documents, etc. Bye, bye Franklin Covey.
- Text entry from more than just on on-screen keyboard. A silicon type keyboard accessory would work.
- Expansion pack area for extra battery, keyboard, storage capacity, etc.
What do you want for your Apple Tablet?
Leave a comment!
Apple Tablet to Redefine Newspapers, Textbooks and Magazines – Gizmodo